PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another low flying fairground incident.
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2020, 20:11
[email protected]

Received 625 Likes on 272 Posts
Robbiee - the standard required for a CPL is nothing like the pinnacle you seem to imagine it to be. Have a look on the 139 thread about the standards maintained by many commercial pilots from a TRE who has seen a lot.

You simply won't understand the level that most military pilots are required to operate to nor the fact that being selected 'chosen' for training is only the first step on a very competitive, difficult and demanding path. Don't forget, I have a commercial licence too...

I didn't have to do just one check ride to get my wings, nor my operational captaincy nor my instructor qualification, it is a never ending round of check and test rides in the military.

aa777888 - you might find it surprising but I am generally a live and let live sort of person but, in my chosen profession of aviation, I expect high standards of those sharing the sky with me - I don't see much in the way of high professional standards in the pleasure flight industry, just a sausage machine for generating cash as quickly as possible with a thin veneer of concern about passenger safety.

There's a reason we don't have single engine airliners.....