PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another low flying fairground incident.
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2020, 16:59
Robbiee

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
perhaps for the terminally selfish with no respect for their fellow humans - look at me, I have lots of cash and can do what the f*** I like and you can't stop me.........

If you want to know what I really think, then imagine how someone who went through a demanding selection system and years of unrelenting training with the constant threat of failing, in order to have the honour of serving their country and use those hard-won skills to save lives (some to take them) but to do good, valuable and necessary things with a helicopter (I include Police, EMS and firefighters in that category)- imagine how they might view someone with deep pockets who bought themselves a licence going through a training system that was never going to fail them because they could keep paying, who wants to lecture them about freedom...............and have the perks of flying in a helicopter without ever earning them.
Your view of civilian pilots is so delusional I don't know where to begin. I could only afford to become a pilot by burying myself in debt (like so many who weren't born with a perfect military quality body) that will take me two or three lifetimes to pay off. Plus my pockets are so deep from driving a semi for a living that I haven't enjoyed the only sliver of unnecessary freedom I had for over a year, because I can't afford the ridiculously high cost of renter's insurance!

​​​​​​​,...and I earned my license you sanctimonious jackass!