PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about Initial IR Test Pass Rates
Old 1st Dec 2003, 22:33
carbonfibre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IR Pass rates

I think a lot of nails have been hit on the head with this one.

FFF i dont think that instructors just send you out for your testbecause they are hoping you will pass, you met a required standard on the day of your 170A, however for whatever reason, on the day of test it did not go so well, and there are many reasons for that, delays, the nerves creeping in being the main one.

I have been with the same flight school for 7 years and recently tried CPL training at another facility, and after 15 hours, decided that i did not get the commitment, effort, atmosphere, and as somebody has put on here not a demanding enough instructor.

I returned to my school and undertook some extra training and a few hours extra to meet the standard and got first time pass.

I have put comments on this site before and can only reitorate them, find a school you like, one that fits yourself, this is probably what gets you through on first time or good partial passes. Its not reputation,facts or figures but how you interact with them and they with you, tough and demanding dont always mean being aggresive.

The school i fly from also puts its figures on the wall, FI, CPL and IR, they are quite honest about there results.

P.S. there are people that pass first time and in minimums, i know a few, very gifted pilots, so it does happen, but probably there ability to organise and work well under pressure was the main reason they passed i suspect , as well as meeting the standard

Good luck in the flying