PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 24th Aug 2020, 09:31
Tucknroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xeptu
I didn't mean "cancel the award/agreement" I don't even think they'll do that. I mean "set aside", as in not in use on this occasion, for this specific purpose as a consequence of this specific event.
Yep! Like announcing that their interpretation of CR isn’t last on first off, but can be contained to Long Haul or Short Haul Agreements?

It is cheaper to make the bottom redundant than to let them accrue years of service and leave, in the short term and especially in the long run.

The cost of CR for a new hire is 3 months (~13 weeks) any time in the first 3 years. Notice can be given and served while on stand down (which means the second 3 months of the minimum 26 weeks are virtually free, costing only the leave accrual for that period (1.5 weeks) rather than the PILN at full pay.

The price of CR increases at a rate of 9 weeks per year (6 weeks leave accrual, 3 weeks entitlement). It’s cheaper to do CR sooner rather than later and they will.