PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 23rd Aug 2020, 21:34
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Telfer86
Well maybe I am missing something

It says resume relative position on seniority list - got that

But that can occur with you being a year 1 employee ? or can't it ?
If 100 pilots are made CR but due to some being on LWOP it extends up to a couple of hundred off the bottom, when they all return to work, they all go back to their relative seniority numbers to each other. No one gets to jump anyone else.

It works the same now when a pilot who was medically retired is able to get their medical back in 3-5 years time. They too go back to their previous seniority in terms of relative to everyone else. So if the person immediately senior to me medically retires and then comes back three years later they return to being immediately senior to me. This is as it has been for decades now.

The number gets preserved but how can you be a 8 , 12 whatever year employee ? when you have just started
It depends on what you’re talking about. Pay scales are within the LHEA and for those you return to your previous yearly increment. It may seem that you’re only a year 0 employee but the LHEA is the thing that says you return to year 3, 4, 7, or 12 depending on what increment you were on when you were CR’d.

I’m not sure what it would say for stuff like staff travel and so on but that’s a pretty minor issue in the greater scheme of thing.

I still reckon they would be within their rights to do some test /interview kind of stuff before re-employment
Even Qantas has said that they’re not looking at doing any re-testing, just some sort of ‘on boarding’ process that would include a sit down chat.