PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2020, 10:52
rog747

Received 41 Likes on 21 Posts
Yes old chap - Mr MOL himself said just a few months ago ''Ryanair will not be going to SOU as our planes are TOO BIG''

That really does more or less suggest that line closes the debate on 737-800 Ops at SOU UFN.
We have gone round and round on this to the point now of delusion & delirium. LOL.

In addition to that I do have a few B738 Driver Pals who all know the issues with it's limitations into small or restrictive airfields, we have had plenty of dinner party discussions. Not just on SOU, but GIB and even BRS too.

SEN is NOT SOU....

I am not nailing any SOU coffins - I am future upbeat (as I have said before) about the recent Connectivity route progress that SOU and the Airlines seem to be getting underway with some progress but with also so much continuing duress.

BTW -
Jet2 TUI and EZY for that matter are all clinging to life right now so any suggestions that might include SOU Bases or even Operations are way off...
If anyone has heard concrete evidence that WIZZ are looking at SOU then I would be a little surprised