PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2020, 07:59
compressor stall

Received 139 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by volare_737
A quick question for you guys in Oz. I am trying to get home to Perth but at the moment there are only flights to Sydney. Can one stay in transit in Sydney and then ones arrive in Perth quarantine for 14 days, or would I have to quarantine in Sydney for 14 days as well. I know its not about the subject of this thread but looks like some of the guys would know. Thanks
Currently with that plan you'd the 14 days federal quarantine in Sydney when you arrive. My reading of the state regs (with the caveat that I'm more familiar with the aircrew exemptions, rather than for Joe public) says that you'd then you need to go somewhere else than NSW/VIC to quarantine then apply for a G2G pass to enter WA. If you think of QLD as you will have to quarantine again in QLD as you have been in NSW as a hotspot.
Then when you get to WA you'd have to quarantine again.
Study very carefully the directions in https://www.wa.gov.au/government/doc...der-state-wide

Note that you will need to consider multiple documents there - the original directions, then 4 amendments. Print them out, get a highlighter put them in reverse date order and good luck!

You will be best served flying straight in to PER on EK or Qatar if you can wait. Even business class might be cheaper in the long run (not having to pay multiple quarantine and flights and hotels - there aren't flights every day to Perth these days).

And these regulations are dynamic. They can change at a day's notice and don't care that you have a ticket....

Last edited by compressor stall; 23rd Aug 2020 at 08:26.