PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 23rd Aug 2020, 07:01
Ragnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering what other airlines have done around the world and even here in our backyard letting crews go. If QF, JQ, or any QF group felt the need to cut cost and do CR wouldn't it have happened already?! holding on to tech crew and cabin crew will allow QF group to come back quickly as demand increases. AJ has an opportunity here if he can hold on to as many as possible there is a void in this neck of the woods which we can capitalize on. Virgin will be smaller for them to keep up with QF they have to re employ the redundant crew not sure how that works but I would think it would include all steps from induction then the type rating for senior redundant WB crew back to NB, thats not as easy as recalling crews off stand down.

Long term stand down still cost the company accruals of certain leave which I am sure most are using quicker than they're accruing anyway it will leave the group with out that over head moving forward. I am sure everyone here can agree on one thing, domestic travel will come back quickly once borders open again especially Victorians (ones that have money at least) wanting to go on a holiday, they have been through hell. International will go off with a bang once that is allowed Aussies love traveling and they cant wait to.