PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 10:54
Square Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had NSW had quarantine with Victoria earlier the girls from QLD would have not been able to do that trip as they did - it would have cost them a few handbags and a few weeks in NSW before hitting Logan.
Bendalot,
No wish to belabour the point, nor extend the debate (my last word on the issue btw), but .....whilst some MEL BNE flights do connect through SYD, direct flights are available and indeed if those young female adults (I won't use your words girls as that insinuates that they were of an age without legal reasoning, which they were definitely not) were to travel from MEL to BNE tomorrow they would be able to purchase a ticket on VA 341, departure MEL 1700hrs DCT MEL arrive 1910 for the bargain price of $215.

That being the case, perhaps you might blame NSW for allowing overflight flights between VIC and QLD? Or we can simply shut the Aviation industry completely down and save cross contamination, but, .those few of us (collectively) with jobs joining the rest on the eventual dole line once Jobkeeper finishes (which it will).

IMHO, State of Origin mentality belongs on the football field, not for something so serious as this, but when you have a Premier (one I also share BTW) that appears to see this as such, I understand that the believers tend to follow suit.

And as a died in the wool Queenslander, I applaud the Premier of NSW for her measured approach and response to what is thrown at her, and consider it a more realistic one than that taken by the isolationist leaders of this country.

Cheers

Last edited by Square Bear; 22nd Aug 2020 at 12:13. Reason: Grammar correction...as best I can 😁