PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 09:49
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragnor
HaHaHa good one, weak link really? NSW is by far doing the best, we have achieved the goal set at the start. Also in case you missed the news conference from Anastasia she was very keen to close the border the moment she opened them every morning she would use the word "slam"she wanted to make a statement she has now. We just have to wait until October to see if all of QLD agree. Victorian visitors to NSW mandatory quarantine was in effect from August 5th after the two went on their criminal adventure so your honesty declaration is really about QLD residents LYING on said declaration but yet, we all pay. My point is NSW is dealing with it learning to live with it the other states are not their solution is to shut shop no questions and no real answers to why. I agree with VIC border closure for obvious reasons but once they get to consistent numbers like NSW then I would be happy to go to Melbourne.
Many countries have great protections when it comes to drugs, some less so.

What has happened with international travel is knowing where people have crossed borders and the correct controls of borders being meet = tracing.

NSW is the weak link for other states as they are/were the host of a parasite state - anyone in Victoria given the option would try escape phase 4.

You can stop repeating NSW has done well with trace and control - we agree! You just let transients use that as an advantage and that cost you.

Then people with suspicious movements get "extra attention" when they have transited a "red flag" country via a safe country. It worked very well.

Had NSW had quarantine with Victoria earlier the girls from QLD would have not been able to do that trip as they did - it would have cost them a few handbags and a few weeks in NSW before hitting Logan.

If we get rid of state governments the folk from VIC and NSW hold to many cards as we see, toss a coin as to the boat we would be in - but the toss would take months to land and we would then be in the VIC state of bad affairs either way. Local governments are mostly a joke and most corrupt (land development).