PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 08:13
Ragnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bend alot
They are/were responsible due to the fact they allowed "unrestricted" travel to people from Victoria knowing fully well that Victorians were not permitted travel to other states. They put NO control measures in place to respect the other states restrictions that may not have such effective tracing methods or medical resources.

This left the ACT and NSW to be abused by lying people such as the girls that would normally have been put in quarantine on entry.

The ACT and NSW were not required to do anything to assist QLD with this problem, that is exactly what they did. Since Queensland's "honesty declaration" was not working they had to make it harder for people from Victoria to enter - that resulted in the weak link being shut.

Had NSW assisted in some way in providing new arrivals into it's state from Victoria, the NSW/QLD border may well still be open.

The only real good thing, is people then needed to fly into QLD not drive.
HaHaHa good one, weak link really? NSW is by far doing the best, we have achieved the goal set at the start. Also in case you missed the news conference from Anastasia she was very keen to close the border the moment she opened them every morning she would use the word "slam"she wanted to make a statement she has now. We just have to wait until October to see if all of QLD agree. Victorian visitors to NSW mandatory quarantine was in effect from August 5th after the two went on their criminal adventure so your honesty declaration is really about QLD residents LYING on said declaration but yet, we all pay. My point is NSW is dealing with it learning to live with it the other states are not their solution is to shut shop no questions and no real answers to why. I agree with VIC border closure for obvious reasons but once they get to consistent numbers like NSW then I would be happy to go to Melbourne.