PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 05:39
rattman

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by Ragnor
Just the opposite, Gladys is proving by not doing knee jerk reactions having a very capable team with contact tracing and high testing you can achieve the original goal set by Dr Murphy NSW has done that well our cases over past 2 months proves it. The Cross roads hotel perfect example of NSW exemplary work being able to manage this pandemic. It would be good if the other states could manage this pandemic as well as NSW then we all could be back at work.

How is NSW/ACT responsible for these girls traveling to QLD their home state? NSW and VIC residents could easily say QLD need to control their criminals, these girls after all were on a shop lifting holiday to their southern states.
You talking like this was done to penalise NSW residents, no one has ever said NSW is responsible, but she took the actions that she believes to protect the state and most of the people I have talked to are generally OK with it. I work in tourism and I jobless atm and will be for a while and open QLD or not theres no way enough people will come back to QLD to make it even a drop in the bucket of lost business. Apart from tourism most localised businesses are trading generally like theres no real change. Its funny that NSW is getting indignent that the border was closed, when gladys announced the NSW/ VIC closure after qld announced the QLD / NSW closure. Maybe gladys could have prevented it by announcing a NSW / VIC closure earlier.