PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urolift ?
Thread: Urolift ?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2020, 02:59
CFD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My hydrocele surgery was done over 10 years ago and totally unrelated to the prostate surgery, was done in hospital under sedation and I believe I was in theatre less than 30 mins.

In Australia the Prostatic Urethral Lift is typically performed in hospital under sedation - at least that is my understanding.
They did a flexible cystoscopy on me the day before to check on suitability for the operation (under a local anaesthetic) and then on the day involved a rigid cystoscopy allowing the implants to be fitted (under sedation). Again it is my understanding that normally one would expect to be discharged on the day with possibly minor bleeding in the urine and stinging sensation when passing water. I have no recollection of the operation due to sedation.

I agree with Radgirl that my experience was unusual... its just life, not everyone is the same and I would take any information from Radgirl as way more knowledgeable than mine - mine are just opinions from personal experience and I have no medical background.

I do not know what country you live in and it is well possible that the procedures are done in different locations and under different levels of anaesthesia. I believe the operation in Australia only started in 2013 so did not exist when I started having BPH issues - also explains the absence of more long term data on the long term success. But again - I am more than happy with the outcome. Good luck with whatever you decide.