PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Helicopter Payscales in 2020
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2020, 20:43
Brutal

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
Helimannuk, I think you'll find that our brothers and sisters working down south on the north sea do not get equal time rosters!

Simonk...well thank you for your personal opinion that must be fact as it's coming from you and everyone else's is "mostly bollocks"? I wouldn't be so rude if I were to disagree with your posts sir.
Just curious, have you done an onshore flying job outside of the military? I would be interested to know what you think? Personally, sitting in an uncomfortable immersion suit for 6/7 hours sweating like a pig everyday is not my idea of comfort?
I will have to correct your post though, you said offshore can be repetitive..there's no can about it...it IS really mind numbing repetitively boring. Do you fly only on sunny days then? Did I get the bit about the weather wrong too?
I think you will find the hard work comes from being so under aroused flying imc with no hands on at all for hours on end...not from managing a go around? ( As a training Captain I never seemed to find this hard work or challenging, even with a new co-jo, especially in
today's automated aircraft, one should be able to sit back and relax)?
But if this is how you personally find the N.Sea then that's your opinion....and I wouldn't say it was "mostly bollocks"?
B.