PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Helicopter Payscales in 2020
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2020, 15:22
SimonK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by helicrazi
Not quite correct, there is 9 of them currently training with Babcock and I dont think it was ever as many as 14
Yes you’re right helicrazi - I was one of the 14 but jumped for another position for reasons I won’t go into on here, along with several others. I think the final numbers were 2 co-pilots and 7 captains, with another captain taking a copilot slot....so 10 all in.

Back OT offshore has its flaws and a previous poster above does a fine job of giving a totally one-sided and biased viewpoint of it which I would caution as “mostly bollocks”. I’ve got close friends who’ve only ever done onshore and love it, likewise friends who hate it and are desperate to go offshore. Offshore can be repetitive but it’s got a pressure all of its own and managing a go-around on limits with your sole alternate 10 minutes away fogging out is genuinely hard work. Having done some very challenging flying in the military I thought offshore would be dull as f*** but it can be as challenging as anything else out there.

Salaries and t&cs are still generally pretty good too - personally I’d be happy to finish flying in the offshore world but we’ll see.