PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving the UAE with car and property loans outstanding
Old 21st Aug 2020, 04:58
Fired600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bringbackthe80s
Given the fact that you are (were) provided with nice or sometimes very nice accommodation all payed for including utilities, could you please explain to me what would make anyone opt out of this and take on a mortgage in one of the most unstable regions of the world?
I was a ‘lifer’ here and as such having a home of my own as opposed to company accommodation and living the “Emirates’ life 24/7 is appealing. I didn’t have any problems with the company other than the standard niggles. I was all going nicely for many many years until Covid 19. In the 32 years the company has been running they had never made anyone redundant and one would have expected it to have been done in a more transparent fare method.

I dont think you can criticise someone for wanting their own home. People all around the world want that, it is not ‘keeping up with the Jones’ FATBUS. I didn’t have debts for fancy cars or have any loans or credit card debts.