PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Urolift ?
Thread: Urolift ?
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2020, 00:02
CFD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes - October last year. On the plus side very happy with the results, and as I said to the surgeon the out of pocket expenses were about the same as three years worth of medication payments so it worked out economically too. On the negative side was meant to be day surgery but afterwards I was literally pissing blood and had to overnight with a catheter. The surgeon said they normally put two or three of those rings in but he had put four into me... not totally sure why but he was very enthusiastic on doing the operation and thought I would be a great candidate due to my age (mid 50's). Released late the following day. Followed at home with a feeling of pissing needles for days ( that really hurt), turned out I developed an infection despite taking antibiotics for some days before the procedure to prevent this. Some more antibiotics later this was sorted, no pain and while I am not peeing like an eighteen year old its not that far off from it and a huge benefit to me mentally. For info if interested there is no interference with sexual function either which may well not be the case with some more radical procedures. Got the surgeon to write a letter for my DAME and the procedure was no problem as far as CASA was concerned. So a thumbs up for the procedure from me but concur that you might want to make sure your surgeon has done this many times before as mine had.