PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Peace, Nigeria
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2020, 17:46
where ever what ever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar experience with my government kindly bring me home at my cost. I just got asked back with a 40% pay cut. I asked them to confirm the plan to re-pay the 30% taken without permission from March's pay and got a series of 'we'll get back to you' emails I'm guessing that a few thousand that I will never see

I lived in a reasonable villa near a supermarket and in the latest email they said my new place will be a room in a flat near the airport which I've visited previously and was well below standard. I guess money is the issue now 80% of the local pilots were sacked for not accepting the stupid 80% pay cut they were enforcing. (putting a co-pilot on around $200 a month )

The remaining pilots are the ones who broke the strike because they could afford to with independent financial support I guess

The main issue is the culture of no conscience flying, I have seen so main unstable approaches and never a go-around ERJ's have has two in flight engine failures Beoing fleet had four major incidents with structural damage I don't think any were recorded but there are some lovely photos doing the rounds on the internet

In a few months Green Africa and United Nigeria will be the death of Air Peace anyways