PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pan Am DC-8 photographed low alongside A30 in ~1976 preparing to land
Old 20th Aug 2020, 16:23
SpringHeeledJack

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
I think rather like many 'reality' TV programmes are actually scripted to bring about an entertaining finished product, many images over the years have been tweaked and altered to bring about a resultant image that is either interesting or entertaining, especially 'arty' images. It's not impossible that a PanAm DC-8 did a low pass of Blackbush back in 1966, but I'd say with those screaming engines in a place where such crazy noise would not normally be expected, a LOT of very hacked off residents would have made a louder noise thereafter due to the resulting chaos (even if short lived).

I'd say the photographer took a shot near Heathrow, a shot near Camberley and merged the images to create an interesting image. He obviously couldn't have cared less at the time beyond creating a captivating image. For aircraft enthusiasts, such dark arts are heresy.

Out of interest is the elephant sculpture (?) anything to do with the Elephant & Castle elephants, i.e same artist etc ?