PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet and BALPA team up!
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2003, 18:07
fergineer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Angry

Another good reason for any of the young up and coming pilots not to join BALPA. Instead of trying to put back the inevitable shortage by a couple of years BALPA and Easy Jet should be recruiting for the future. There are many young and not so young pilots more than ready to join up with airlines if only they had a chance. Yes for a few years there will be an 'experience' shortage but many airlines have managed to overcome this. Companies need to take the chance and expand for long term not short term fixes.
My job comes to an end soon not because of age but being replaced by a black box however I had no intention of staying till 60 anyway so I unfortunately will not be able to move aside for a younger guy.
Think about it you guys that are fighting for this, I know that there are some out there that 'need' to stay in work but for the majority of these guys with big pensions leave it out guys enjoy the rest and give the young guys a chance to get on the bottom rung, who knows it may even push up the pay but then that is another story.
There are companies that are willing to take the chance with young guys and long may there be some, the more the merrier.