PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2020, 11:10
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Macdo has summed it up and given food for thought. The WG aviation strategy (if they have one) should consolidate around one site if they are intent and truly see value in a national airport. Sell of St Athan airfield, use some of the proceeds to relocate Caerdav/eCube to the south side o of CWL (maybe set up an aviation/MRO hub), stop the PSO service (costing millions) to Valley (it’s not like this is a vital link to some outer Hebridean island) - use funds for CWL route development, take cost out of the CWL operations and attempt to turn a profit (or at least to break even). Rather than spreading limited funds across multiple sites and strategies.

CWL (as Macdo points out like in the 00’s) can attract 2-2.5m pax and make money but has a lot of work to do.

My strong view (sorry if this bores some posters) is that it doesn’t have the right leadership, drive, accountability for results etc that is required to achieve this. If you disagree that’s fine but this is my view. I feel it’s just sit back, take the WG money, wait for the airlines to come back and hope for the best.

As Henry Ford said “if you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you always got”.

Last edited by TOM100; 20th Aug 2020 at 12:06.