PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2020, 16:05
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O
Originally Posted by caaardiff
The same people that were near to bring the Airport back to profitability. CWL was part of the deal that brought Luton and Belfast to the group. They didn't really want it and that was evident in the lack of investment and restricted running that the owners put on the Airport and its management team.

I've raised this a number of time but it appears to have been ignored. There have been many changes at CWL since the WG took over. Many signs of diversification, many signs of increased passenger numbers and slow progress of increased routes and Airlines. This process hasn't just started since covid/flybe. It started 5years+ ago.
Along with all of that change came investment in the Airfield, airfield equipment and the terminal. All of which was needed but obviously affected the books.

TOM100, you clearly have a grudge against the Airport Management which is starting to show and get boring and repetitive.
Seeing as you seem to know so much, I am very curious to see you put your money where your mouth is and start providing some viable and realistic options to how you would better run CWL, without the belief that you can get anyone off the street to do senior roles, Airlines are banging at the door to use CWL and there isn't a need for ongoing investment.....
i think my views are clear - I am not hiding them - if you find my views boring and repetitive then jut don’t bother replying (I don’t ask you to). I could say the same of sycophancy and lack of questioning (but I happen to respect other people’s opinions - even if I don’t agree with them). The current necessity is to take out cost to reflect the new commercial reality. I won’t hide from the fact that the airport cannot have it both ways. If they want to take money from the WG and Welsh taxpayer they have to demonstrate value for money. Whilst I am a taxpayer and they are happy to use our money I will unashamedly ask my representatives to hold this business to account. If they want to stop pretending to be an arms length commercial organisation and become another bloated arm of the Welsh civil service then fine - be upfront and let the electorate decide.

This is is a business taking on more and more debt and not tangibly addressing how they are (even attempting) to balance the books in light of (in their own words) a drop in 80% of their business.

Should anyone who disagrees or who wants to engage in debate (even if u
you don’t agree) just be silent ?
u