Thread: Caa Rant
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2003, 16:38
Chuffer Chadley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Caa Rant

Ladies and Gentlemen

Rant ON

I went to visit our friends and allies at Aviation House, Gatwick on Friday to get my CPL/IR (with Multi-rating) issued. "Lucky Me" you might think! "A lovely day out visiting cheerful buddies and re-living examination heydeys." But think again.....

While grimacing and preparing to hand over £185 of my own money to get them to issue my licence (as typed on MS Word), I was informed that it cost an EXTRA £100 to to add my MECR at the same time.

I know that this represents stunning value, even on a Friday afternoon, but it does seem a little irregular. Has anyone else come across this- or is the bonus payment of £100 discretionary, perhaps at the whim of the woman on the desk?

To cap it all, the directions to Aviation House (my previous visit had been by bus) were pretty hazy at best, and in fact I'm quite sure that they tried to take me down a prohibited road. The list of documents to be submitted did not include ID docs- in fact, it specifically EXCLUDES the requirement to submit a photocopy of your passport if you already hold a JAR-FCL licence.

What do we pay these people for?!

Rant OFF!

Ciao for now
CC