PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2020, 21:36
Albert Hall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm afraid that I think you're completely delusional if you still think there is any prospect of easyJet opening a SOU base in any form of reasonable planning timeframe. It just isn't going to happen.

For different reasons, I also think the prospect of an AF CDG service is very limited. AF/KL have jointly looked at how best to serve regional markets and in all but the larger markets, they will not be served by both KL and AF as the presence of the other makes the viability of the other less assured. There is only so much hub feed to go around. That's why you have not seen a headlong rush by AF into the likes of Cardiff, Exeter and Southampton despite the loss of Flybe connections to CDG from all three. CWL already has KL and EXT might land one or the other, but unlikely to have both. SOU has just seen a great announcement today by KLM increasing from 1 to 2 flights per day to AMS, which is great news for the airport. No matter how much you think they should, AF are not going to piss on KLM's chips (if you'll forgive the crudity of the statement) by adding SOU-CDG.

Blind hope and optimism is lovely to see, but your posting has lashings of both which are way beyond any bounds of credibility.

[PS: ABZ has both KL and AF. AF presence at ABZ is pretty much on the basis of a corporate contract from Total which is AF's largest corporate customer worldwide and has a big operation in ABZ. Pernod Ricard also is a big AF corporate customer with a few major investments accessed through ABZ. There's a reason it's there.]