PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Direct tracking
Thread: Direct tracking
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2003, 14:40
tobzalp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have a yell at CASA. This is all as per the CASA audit from a year or so ago. They made it so that dct SY and BK were no longer available because it caused a head to head scenario. After Impulse stopped the night time operation and the metros took all the work much of the operation is out of BK. We are supposed to give dct CAA for SY arrivals and dct BK for BK. This then went on to create more problems.

After a few pretty serious breakdowns of separation involving dct tracking it is mandated that we do nothing at all. From an aside one of the above mentioned NAS making all this better. I don't think it will be long before there is absolutely no track shortening at all as one of the primary mitigators to allow VFR into E seeing and avoiding is that they avoid published IFR routes. If you get taken off you IFR route, you take away another layer of safety.

I myself don't really give a whoop where you track because I have a big shiny screen with lots of radars and it gives us something to do on the otherwise boring night shifts (130.1, 132.35). The bean counters and empire builders are the ones to play. Just remember that when you get knocked back it may seem reasonable to give hate to the controller but we are hands tied.