PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2020, 05:07
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Done just for you, you see comments and opinions can influence me.

One thing I noticed this month is just how busy the airport has become even over July. Easyjet still has 3 or 4 aircraft on the south stands with their engine covers on but apart from that I would struggle to tell a difference between road and aircraft traffic compared to last year. The majority of the mid term car park is full and maybe around 70% of the long term car park is now occupied.

In landside M&S is still closed as is Starbucks while in airside more and more shops and eating establishments continue to reopen although I suspect the more unsuccessful ones will now never reopen.

It is hard to judge total passenger numbers as passengers seem to arrive and depart in noticeable waves now but I think they will be substantially up on July. The airport and terminal seem to be carrying the ideal amount of passengers without making it feel overcrowded so I will be interested to read the passenger reviews over the coming months.

It is already hard to remember the drop off zone without a single car in it yet it was only on April 15th I took this.

Yesterday

Last edited by LTNman; 17th Aug 2020 at 05:26.