PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VR Thread
Thread: VR Thread
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2020, 02:44
Slasher1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jetdream
So based on the above no crew would be able to afford to live in Hong Kong, and many would face financial ruin. Sounds like a great plan going forward.

All I’ll say about these rumours is that a few months ago it was doom and gloom, new CoS, mergers etc but the one thing no one mentioned (bailout) occurred.

Im not saying we won’t feel some pain, but I find these rumours can add a lot of stress to an already stressful time. And I’m not just referring to pprune.
I wouldn’t say it’s stress just realism. There is no indication that any of the major world governments will reach their senses anytime soon and as such cumbersome and expensive procedures of testing, quarantine, bureaucratic paperwork, and various ‘Wesley Mouch’ es trying to outdo each other with useless top down inefficient strategeries to mitigate spread which are wholly ineffective will be coming down the pike for quite some time. Feel good BS like the US TSA on steroids trying to reach into all facets of everyday life accomplishing nothing except hurting economies and life in general.

This particularly hard hits people attempting to transit international borders and will be in place for quite some time. With the media having the primary goal to scare the hell out of everyone and advocating bubble wrapping a world that cannot be bubble wrapped. Nor will this fade from memory any time soon.

And where does all this bailout money come from ? In reality it only exists temporarily up to the point people realize it has to be backed by something real and tangible — a something that is not nor ever will be there. If you’re not making things, doing things, and going places you’re not generating any real capital. Eventually the bill comes due.