PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - All borders to reopen.
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2020, 23:28
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by rcoight
Well, you wouldn’t find anything, would you, if your only sources of information are the ABC etc?
i don’t care about the politics. Facts are facts.
I do also find it hilarious that you tout Remdesivir, as though those who champion it aren’t massively compromised. Do some proper research, FFS.
If these graphs and statements are wrong, please let me know how.
And, I’m afraid, “because they are on Sky News” isn’t a valid reason.
The first graph of deaths per million conveniently leaves out several countries with low CFR on the second graph that would place them high on the deaths per million count (like Chile at 546)

All the actual CFR's of the nations in red have been grossly overestimated, France for instance has an estimated actual CFR of 0.5%, which would put it below all the pro-HCQ nations. Most of the other European nations would be down there as well. In any case real scientists will only calculate actual CFR after the pandemic is over.

Saying those nations with low CFRs "allowed or encouraged" HCQ use is also incorrect. HCQ trials in Israel were stopped after researchers found high heart disease risks in patients. Clinical trials in South Korea were stopped as well. There's no evidence people in those "low CFR" nations actually took HCQ in widespread doses.

Countries that have a very low CFR (like this one, NZ, Singapore) that have never had widespread HCQ use are not included on the second graph. Malaysia, included on the first graph as a "HCQ success story", has stated HCQ had zero effect on their cases.

There's so much cherry picking going on in those graphs backpackers will be out of work on farms for a decade.

From an aviation perspective if we want to get the industry back and thriving best we listen to actual experts who know what they're talking about and use peer reviewed data when crafting their advice, rather than quacks pushed by former Ad Men and Gossip Columnists on Sky News's Outsiders.