PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "Dutch using digger to lift RAF WW2 plane despite anger"
Old 16th Aug 2020, 09:16
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bergerie1
........ I deplore the [idiotic?] pronouncements of our [...] press before they investigate the truth. It happens all too often.
Bergerie1, you make a rash assumption that "truth" is of any relevance to the mejia!

Having been involved in a very relaxed planed "go-around" one day, all discussed by the parties involved due to an evolving snag on an aircraft lined up to depart which later had to taxi back to stand, I was amazed to see the event reported on local TV by a reporter who, clearly, had nothing better to do so must have been lurking at the airport just in case something happened. The 3 pax from the g-a a/c who appeared on the interview all reported "near death" experiences and "only just missing the aircraft on the runway" despite the leisurely "go-around" taking place probably 3+ miles out! There was actually far more "danger" of hitting me as I happened to be transiting the overhead at the time - again, all factored in as part of the cunning plan!!! Of course, said Journo never noticed me and said psycho-pax had no idea as to my proximity!!!!

And talk about "leading questions"!!!!! One person was asked 3 times, in slightly different ways each time, if they felt that they were in mortal danger before they realised that's what the "reporter" wanted them to say! Truth and the media? It's all about "selling" lines of editorial propaganda, pure sensationalism and advertising. I'm sure there are some honest journalists and editors ...... but most are just after the story (as in work of fiction)!