PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK pandemic government aviation policy
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2020, 08:15
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 66 and retired
LTNman, so now you are accusing the company of an illegal means of reducing the tax they pay? A very serious charge to make, one that you may have to defend. I suggest you contact the City of London Police pronto with your evidence.

First you got the company name wrong, now it’s about being based in Jersey, a British Crown Dependency. They are listed on the London Stock Exchange as a UK based airline company.

LTNman, perhaps you should read what the BOE had to say about why Wizz qualified for the loan. And yes, it’s a loan. They have not been ‘given’ the money. Or is Wizz Air UK Ltd. another issue for you?

Calm down sonny. You are soooo angry and all about nothing. I am happy to say legally reducing their tax bill while receiving UK government support. Yes we all agree they are listed on the London stock exchange but they are registered in Jersey, which is a British Crown Dependancy, have their HQ in Hungary and qualified for government loans. Their UK airline is registered to an office in Luton’s terminal which I don’t think is even staffed.