PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2020, 06:18
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Musket90
Airport CEO's always make positive public statements whatever the situation otherwise it'll put off people using the airport
There is a difference between positive statements and lies. Why not just be open and say we will do our best and put in as many measures as we can but we can not guarantee social distancing in all situations.

On a different note, while walking the dog, I spoke to a man I know who knows someone heavily involved in the Dart protect. He said the the ski slope that is meant to represent flight and that adorns the bridge over the A1081 has cost £850,000 and was a major engineering project to build and attach to the bridge.

Well it looks nice and will look better still when the LED backlighting is switch on. I have never been a fan of Luton’s cheap as chips terminal where the airport operator has built it to a cost cutting budget. The same can’t be said for the council funded Dart where no expense has been spared. With the £18m overspend and a year to go before opening the bill so far comes to £243m excluding the 5 year maintenance contract that has been signed. If the second terminal is built the Dart will be a necessity. If it isn’t the Dart will be a white elephant at a cost of £4m a second time saving between the published travel times for the Dart at 5 minutes and the shuttle bus at 6 minutes.

With the airport reaching capacity in 2019, some 2 years before the completion of the Dart, the Dart was never needed to enhance capacity for the existing airport although it will improve passengers perception of Luton as a major airport although most passengers will never use it.

Last edited by LTNman; 16th Aug 2020 at 06:42.