PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - L3 blows the lid off the "Integrated v Modular" debate!
Old 16th Aug 2020, 01:51
spitfirejock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Alex Whittingham, the integrated schools cannot get their costs down anywhere near the modular schools. The challenge for students is to be able to cut through the fog of misinformation and unhelpful comments (such as the one from Booglebox) and chose a good modular school by really doing their homework. They shouldn't have to pay more than $50,000 (or equivalent) to go from zero to their frozen ATPL and there are enough good schools still in business that can deliver a quality product.

Whether located in mainland Europe (certain parts anyway!), the UK or the USA, to obtain a keep an EASA approval is not that easy and therefore the approval should mean something to prospective students.. That being said, I still urge everyone looking for a good school to do their research. Do more than Facebook and emails, maybe try and actually talk to a human and discuss your objectives? It might be useful to cut through the fancy website speak and get to the bottom of things? I think I mentioned in a previous post, the absolute best way of getting started is ONLY commit for the PPL at first, pay as you go (leave no more than around $1,000 in the flying account at any time) and vote with your feet if you feel they are not getting what you are looking for.

For 2 decades you can find this forum littered with posts from so called disgruntled students (mostly anonymous), and whilst many will be be justified and true, there should be no excuse from now on to make such a mistake and lose a lot of money. When we hear of stories of students loosing thousands and thousands from failed integrated and modular schools we must start to wonder why people were so naive. In conclusion, pay as you go, but most of all pay less than $50K and enjoy the ride to getting qualified.