PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Want to obtain an SEP after finishing flight training. Is it neccessary?
Old 16th Aug 2020, 00:59
buzzard4321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want to obtain an SEP after finishing flight training. Is it neccessary?

Hello,

I have recently finished flight training with the infamous L3 and I am hoping to obtain the ability to fly SEP. Been out of the flying world for a couple months and want to get back in but MEP joy flying is just way too much £££. I hold a MEP (land) rating aswell as a CPL and MEIR. My problem is that everywhere i look online regarding obtaining a SEP comes up with SEP revalidations. I hit all those boxes just fine but im doubtful I can just sign some papers and get going. On the CAAs Single-engine-piston-rating-for-aeroplanes website I hit all the revalidation criteria on the point of it saying that a flight with an examiner is not required (12 hours flight and 3 intructor hours in last 2 years). As I have never held an SEP on my liscence I could do with a hand getting to the bottom of this. How would I obtain an SEP class rating if I havent before? I cant seem to find any SEP initial examinations online so help would be gratly appreciated.