PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2020, 19:24
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
Nope i work for a haulage company as a driver. I'm an enthusiast, planespotter and I like to travel, I don't work for the airport and neither does my company.
The CEO is departing to take up a position with the Port of Milford Haven along with other non executive director roles she has. I believe I read somewhere saying her stepping down is planned.
As for cost cutting if I remember correctly it was mentioned that some of the recent loan could be diverted into the business so to cover during the Covid19 crisis so maybe they feel instant cuts not needed? A new finance director I'd imagine would now undergo a full financial review of the business.
What we do now see happening at CWL is a management shakeup A new Chairman, a new finance director, new CEO yet tba and a new CCO if Spencer Birns gets the CEO position full time. New people new ideas who have a big challenge on their hands!
As for finance director car allowance it doesn't necessarily mean that he won't use public transport.
As the Airport Accountable Manager, Deb would always have to work out her notice because without an instant replacement, the Airport would have to close.

If Spence did get the job but wasn’t acceptable to the CAA as the Accountable Manager, they would have to hire a new Operations Director. Perhaps Spence would then double up as Commercial Director as well, saving an additional post.

If Spence doesn’t get the job, perhaps they will only hire a CEO with Operations experience and avoid appointing an Operations Director in the same way as they have under Deb.