PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2020, 18:53
PDXCWL45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Midland Alpha9
PDX I have read your submissions for numerous years and whilst they are mostly interesting and informative it does lead me to the conclusion you are actually a senior manager with Cardiff Airport or an employee.
I think you are missing the main point ,which Tom100 is making. Has the airport management taken any action in reducing their operating costs/overheads in the past three months? I am aware the C.E.O. has departed, why? Most would think she has done a first class job building CWL up. Is this an opportunity for a much needed restructure. A commercial business facing these difficult challenging times needs a strong FD as I stated in my previous posting the cost of the new FD is not extortionate and if he/she is worth their salt they will more than payback their salary package.
Nope i work for a haulage company as a driver. I'm an enthusiast, planespotter and I like to travel, I don't work for the airport and neither does my company.
The CEO is departing to take up a position with the Port of Milford Haven along with other non executive director roles she has. I believe I read somewhere saying her stepping down is planned.
As for cost cutting if I remember correctly it was mentioned that some of the recent loan could be diverted into the business so to cover during the Covid19 crisis so maybe they feel instant cuts not needed? A new finance director I'd imagine would now undergo a full financial review of the business.
What we do now see happening at CWL is a management shakeup A new Chairman, a new finance director, new CEO yet tba and a new CCO if Spencer Birns gets the CEO position full time. New people new ideas who have a big challenge on their hands!
As for finance director car allowance it doesn't necessarily mean that he won't use public transport.