PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 15th Aug 2020, 05:26
Telfer86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You just don't really understand how long international is going to be down for (or maybe you just know a whole lot of things that I just don't know)

Our illustrious leader isn't letting Australians exit until at least middle of next year , then you have our State & Territory leaders to contend with

The leadership group in Australia has been extremely cautious to date & that won't change. Has attracted some adverse commentary from outside Australia but I doubt our guys
are phased by that

Then you also have the second & third waves of Covid which are hitting some parts of Asia

All of the Asian countries that the A330 used to fly to are now only letting in their own nationals , not exactly something Tino & AJ control

Think the only "developed" country in Asia that is admitting foreigners is Taiwan - but that is short stay business travellers only

The reality is that with the second wave in Victoria (& looks like taking off in NZ) we don't even have a domestic industry atm

What capacity is domestic trucking at right now 5 % or so atm ? & international at zero %

Didn't all of the medical professors say a vaccine takes 12 to 18 months "best case". So an 18 month best case takes you do Sept 2021

Can somebody please explain to me how (& when) international travel is going to open up , which countries first ? , will it be business travellers only ?

Will you be able to get travel insurance ? I noticed Cambodia is open , but you have to provide proof of travel insurance $50K for Covid - is this even possible ?

How is it that Airline pilots seem to know things that our Medical Professors & other various experts & political leaders just don't know or understand

I am just not seeing any reason for the ebullient optimism , all the big talkies