PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 15th Aug 2020, 02:24
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Poto means all the A380 Captains are going. I suspect to the A330 in the interim.

One of the things I reckon they’ll be looking at with a lower MGH is to train those who would otherwise be stood down onto fleets where there is some flying or where the flying is coming back more quickly. So once there is enough flying for all A330 crew in a particular rank to be stood up on MGH of 80 (if that’s what we agree to), additional flying hours that come onto the fleet will go to expanding the crew numbers on the fleet by bringing across those on the A380 rather than increasing the MGH of those on the fleet.

WRT dragon man’s assertion of ‘nearly a quarter’ of A330 Captains, there are roughly 235 Captains on the fleet. 21 of them are 63-65. So fifty-ish of the remaining 210 went for VR? I’ve heard a few names that surprised me but also know of a number of 60+ Captains who decided to remain. 50 is a pretty big number so it’ll be interesting to see how that plays out. Any numbers on the other fleets dragon man?