PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Runway Excursion
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2020, 23:44
C310driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stick Flying
Airbubba,
I think vilas is off on some harebrained conspiracy theory. Nothing in the Air India Express accident (currently available as fact) backs up their theory but that doesn't stop the constant whining.
Spot on! Trying to fault a MAX for MCAS is one thing, but trying to fault the NG for what is potentially a non issue is something else. As far as I know, even the Airbus family requires the thrust levers to be in idle before the reverse thrust levers can be raised. I seem to vaguely recall that the cause of the above safety report was to due the pilot wearing long sleeved shirts, where the cuff would potentially push the thrust lever/s forward while reaching for the reverse thrust levers. It is really a non event, because I’ve flown with a lot of guys who wear long sleeved clothing, but never have I ever had someone inadvertently do that.

The lack of a proper technique in operating the controls or a wrong seat position is not Boeing’s fault. Especially as the 737 rated guys here never have had issues with this.

Stop trying to find problems where there are none. That thrust lever design has been used since the original 737.