PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Length of Full Commercial Pilot Training?
Old 14th Aug 2020, 22:26
Banana Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your current position is irrelevant.
You fail to understand that things change in 20 years and sometimes not for the best. The current state of the exams is just a joke and the new question style does not address the issue.

14 exams whose questions are often written by people that have never put their feet in the flight deck of an aircraft, clearly with barely a level 4 English knowledge and questions that are so totally irrelevant that the only technique to pass the exams is to literally bash the question banks. And I passed the exams in 3 months with an average of 90%+. After I spent 6 months full-time studying the material as much as I could.

I enjoyed studying most of the subjects, but when I fly I the knowledge of how a transistor works is irrelevant to me, I am not allowed to touch anything if that piece of kit goes kaput down route. Knowing how many members are present in the ICAO council is also irrelevant. The stage of preparing the actual EASA exams was the most miserable thing I had to do. Especially Human Factors and its questions about a mother's birthday or a captain's yacht.

How about introducing one single written exam and add on that an oral like they do on the other side of the pond?