PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My review on Aerolink Flight School in Sabadell (Barcelona, Spain)
Old 14th Aug 2020, 17:17
sergio.cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My review on Aerolink Flight School in Sabadell (Barcelona, Spain)

I was an Italian student of the Aerolink school. My experience was very bad, for the following reasons:

1. The school has not complied with the EASA regulations according to which courses must have a maximum of 20 students. We were over 40. The result is that the lessons were extremely chaotic, with most of the students playing games rather than paying attention to the lessons.

2. The classes were to last 4 hours each. In fact, between delays, breaks, various wastes of time, online games and early endings, they were reduced to no more than 2 / 2.5 hours (N.B. NOT WITH ALL PROFESSORS. SOME PROFESSORS RESPECTED THE PROGRAM AND WERE EXCELLENT LEVEL).

3. Many (not all) teachers were of very low standard. Some were former students, some even current students. Many lessons were totally disorganized, due to the total lack of professional training of the teachers. The result is that I had to prepare a large part of the program myself (despite the fact that the theoretical course was paid and at a very high price).

4. Unlike many other schools, it was not possible to take the official exams at the end of each quarter, with the result that all exams had to be prepared twice: once to take the internal exam and after one year (therefore having forgotten all subjects in the meantime) for the official exam.

5. The school facilities are totally inadequate at the cost incurred: blackboards not legible, insufficient air conditioning, teaching tools practically reduced to a few slides (WHEN PRESENT. Very often the teachers simply read from the textbook aloud).

6. When due to Covid 19 the school was forced to close, after a month of total closure, the lessons continued online, with an even lower level than those in the classroom.

7. I dropped out of the course because it simply didn't live up to the cost paid, and when I tried to get in touch with the school to get a refund, they COMPLETELY IGNORED me (I sent numerous emails to which I NEVER received a reply.)

My intention is to continue my studies in another school, at a level that is adequate and consistent with the high price paid, but I am awaiting for a refund for the part not taken of the course (I paid 20 thousand euros for a quarter of classroom lessons and just 4 hours of flight).