PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frankfurt Airport Spotting
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2020, 14:26
A340600MAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankfurt Airport Spotting

Hi all

I have a spotting trip to Frankfurt booked since the 8th November last year. I am departing on the 11th September from Manchester to Frankfurt staying for 1 night. It has been my intention from booking the trip that I was going to the spectator terraces via Terminal 2. The terraces may not be ideal but due to the requirement of having facilities close by I am happy with this decision.

Unfortunately, Terminal 2 and the terraces are currently closed. I regularly check the Frankfurt Airport website for updates on the re-opening of Terminal 2 but currently no date has been set. This leaves me with a couple of questions that I hope someone can help with please.

1, Does anyone have any inside information on a possible opening date for Terminal 2 and if it does open the chances of the terraces following suit?

2, Another option is to stay airside in Terminal 1 upon arrival in Frankfurt. I have done this in Amsterdam Schiphol on many occasions. Instead of exiting the terminal building you stay airside and view aircraft from a convenient window. Then exit when I want to head for my hotel. Is this possible at Frankfurt?

I know about the viewing decks at the perimeter of the airport but they are all too far out to walk (Is this the case?) and there are no facilities once there.

Any help and observations would be much appreciated. Kind regards

Len