PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2020, 10:14
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LTNman
The governments mistake was not introducing quarantine months earlier.

The airlines and airports are not helping themselves by not enforcing social distancing measures so I don't see why the Government should give them any slack. Airlines like Wizz and Ryanair don't give a monkeys about spreading the virus so long as they can achieve a full flight.

Wizz BS advert

Wizz reality at Luton with double queuing and requiring passengers to be at the gate 40 minutes before departure.

More Wizz BS showing plenty of empty seats.

More reality from LTN with masks off when Wizz sell food and drinks to make money.
I normally respect your contributions but you have no grasp of reality in this case. Social distancing = cost. This cost is paid for by the airlines who will go bust if they can’t get bums on seats and fill aircraft. Why shouldn’t Wizz sell food on board for consumption when you can sit in a cafe or restaurant and eat with no mask on?

May I suggest those at risk or extremely worried isolate forever more and leave others to get on with their life and take the risk. This has been going on now for a good 10 months and we can’t playing the game that the government are playing.

Boris was too late to take any action which prompted a complete lock down and crippled industries. It is entirely on his shoulders.

Furthermore the concern at the start was the impact on the NHS. Well since then numerous hospitals have been built and staff recalled to assist where needed, and PPE apparently sourced (subject to differing opinions). Surely the concerns are alleviated a bit in this respect and therefore we can go on with our daily life albeit taking some precautions that don’t exist in the pre-Covid world even if they cannot apply 100% of the time?