PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about Initial IR Test Pass Rates
Old 1st Dec 2003, 04:26
MEI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just my .02 cents worth.

I think normal or minimum hours are just something written on a piece of paper and should get the salt treatment. As an FAA instructor, when I send someone on a checkride and they pass they are trained to a standard that satisfies the FAA and more importantly me. You need to know weather, how to use ATC, flying a ****** smasher in an airline environement, good radio useage, to name just a few things. I am trying to get them through in the best time of course but it probably won't be in the mins. required. I noticed in FAA land that whatever you put in to your PPL you will into your IR with a good instructor. Personally I couldn't give a squat about pass rates, just MY PASS RATE when doing my training. This dosen't mean you ask around or be cautious but it's up to you, nobody can do it for ya. The tougher the instuctor is the easier the check ride. I've taken about 12 of them and none are easy but the times when the instruction was tough and felt very prepared the better I felt I did. Again just some thoughts, not starting a flame. Good luck!