PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2020, 06:43
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
Well come winter TUI should be operating a daily flight except Wednesdays, KLM back to 3 daily, Qatar and Vueling should be operating 5 weekly flights each with Ryanair 1 weekly Malta. Eastern should be back with 10 weekly VLY. Doesn't seem like much but better than nothing.
When it comes to summer 2021 we will have to see what happens with airlines and by how much demand picks up.
Replacing the lost Flybe network does look like it'll be a challenge for Cardiff.
Loganair seem to have run a mile from Edinburgh and Glasgow for whatever reason.
Aer lingus obviously doesn't see CWL as a core route for Belfast and no doubt will be hoping to prop up its Dublin and Cork routes at Bristol with Welsh passengers rather than flying directly to Wales. Same with Ryanair on Dublin.
Blue Islands seem focused on Exeter and Southampton and may well be hoping Welsh passengers top up their Jersey route at Bristol as well.
Eastern might be the best option but at the moment they seem to be concerned with Southampton and Teesside.
As for scrutiny short of setting up a committee or panel or holding some sort of inquiry i don't see how the airport can get more scrutiny than it is getting now.
I think with CWL we are going to have to trust the management as its going to take a while for the airport to recover sadly.
i sincerely hope you are correct about the winter prospects - although I think that is very optimistic. However, imo, with my business perspective even that level of activity does not justify the very heavy cost and management my structure of this business.

i guess we’ll have to disagree on the airport management and strategy as you will probably have gathered, I don’t have trust and confidence in the commercial leadership of the airport. Time will tell.