PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Immigrants in Canada - need help!
View Single Post
Old 13th Aug 2020, 02:23
Gorva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Immigrants in Canada - need help!

Hello everyone,

I'm an airline transport pilot from Argentina, and been working in Panama for the past 6 years. I've got an ATP licence, and I want to immigrate into Canada with the Federal Express Entry option, via the Skilled Workers Program. I want a better future for my daughter.
I've run into an issue with the requirements for the Federal Express Entry program, which is validating my credentials with credentials from Canada, this process is called ECA (Education Credentials Assessment).
There are 5 institutions that perform this assessment, and even though I've got an academic transcript for my studies (commercial pilot, CFI and ATP), these are not recognized by the Ministry of Education in Argentina, but rather the Aeronautics Administration. I've already contacted Transport Canada for help with this matters, but their reply was that they don't participate in immigration programs, and they could only help me for the transition from my ICAO licence to a Canadian licence.

So, I'm requesting help from immigrants who are living and flying in Canada, about the process they made when applying for this process.

Thank you very much!