PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2020, 21:31
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
In the scheme of things, just how important is a holiday?
To me it is very important as gives me a chance to get away from it all, good weather, good food but then again I have not had a day off since March.

It looks as though 9.6m people have been having a 4 month "holiday" at government expense already. It isn't just working from home, it's returning and not being able to go shopping, not being able to entertain the kids in what is still the school holidays, with trips out, and worse, later this month the kids not being able to return to schools when they open, because they're in quarantine - assuming of course that people are actually bothering to adhere to a quarantine law that the government itself appears unwilling / unable to enforce.

A greater, and much more consequential effect of the quarantine on air travel and the economy is the virtual collapse of business travel - the media however is focused 100% on holidaymakers!
Some have treated it as a holiday, some netflix binging, some more time with kids, there is no one size fits all.

WFH sounds great but having done it for considerable period of time years ago, not now, in truth I would hate going back to doing it full time. No social interaction at a personal level, zoom and teams are not it. Going forward try developing a team with new team members when they all live in same town and never work in the office together. Hell managing a team who work in same place is difficult enough, try do it remotely forever.

Weather has helped lockdown, furloughing because it has been bright and sunny, try it in October to March and see what it looks like.

Travel industry is dead for 2-3 yrs with a certain % of kids paranoid for ever more.

Last edited by racedo; 12th Aug 2020 at 22:23.