PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2020, 18:58
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
That will never happen. No WG even a Tory one could consider Wales not having and airport and just be served from BRS, BHX and MAN.
As for the management there does seem to be quite a lot of them! So apart from cutting a few managers what else do you think they should be doing going forward?
PDX - believe it or not (and as a regular user) I would like to see the airport succeed.

what riles me is the current apparent lack of inaction, too heavy management and apparent lack (or thinking) of any future strategy.

without seeing their accounts it is difficult to say what I would do.

certainly strip all costs out to the absolute bare minimum to operate safely until business returns (and I don’t just mean furlough).

I flew through CWL 2 weeks ago (2 flights operating that day) and I saw the current MD selling coffee and the Ops Director nearby - if they have time to do this then they should be able to combine senior roles into a couple - at least temporarily.

then ruthlessly look at all operating costs.

As to the income side they need to offer aggressive deals to carriers to drive airport use and footfall.

Look to diversify to other airfield use options.

Maybe they are doing these things but as a publicly owned asset I expect them to tell us like a Plc would tell shareholders.