PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2020, 16:08
TOM100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runway30
I cannot agree with this. If I was signing a ten year deal that involved me supporting the airline (Flybe) for the beginning of the contract and make my profits at the end of the contract I would want to know what the strategy was for the airline for the next ten years including fleet planning and the resilience of the balance sheet to make sure that I could collect from them at the end of the contract. I don’t know whether they asked the question but they certainly didn’t get the answer.
and this is business - stuff happens. I would blame a management team that put all its eggs in a basket and didn’t have a risk management/register to mitigate against any ‘shocks’ - it’s not like TCX and BE weren’t on shaky grounds for an extended period of time.

I would expect the BRS FD to earn a lot more - a highly profitable business, run on true commercial reality with a substantially higher turnover. A £20m t/o business is a small business !

when I see a business plan to drastically take out cost with a coherent plan for the future I will get behind them -,whilst just relying on the Welsh taxpayer to subsidise them I will fight tooth and nail via my AM/FM/MP to hold them to account and their feet to the fire.