PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-2
Thread: Cardiff-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2020, 15:56
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
And we know why. Are you really blaming the airport management for Flybe and Thomas Cook collapse and a global pandemic?
You also need to realise that the company isn't just Cardiff Airport its also St Athan airfield and it's business park as well.
As for departures Exeter has 3 today, Norwich 2, Bournemouth 3, Southampton 8, Newquay 2 or 5 depends on Skybus, LBA 9, NCL 14 and DSA 10 according to FR24 most a lot lower than last year so CWL is not alone and yes will no doubt take a longer to recover than most of those airports.
I cannot agree with this. If I was signing a ten year deal that involved me supporting the airline (Flybe) for the beginning of the contract and make my profits at the end of the contract I would want to know what the strategy was for the airline for the next ten years including fleet planning and the resilience of the balance sheet to make sure that I could collect from them at the end of the contract. I don’t know whether they asked the question but they certainly didn’t get the answer.