PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The end of arapa
View Single Post
Old 12th Aug 2020, 13:27
mngmt mole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was hoping that one, just a single one of the above posts would demonstrate a single quality; that of grammar. Sadly, not only are they all lacking in that basic quality, they also demonstrate why this profession is probably doomed. Foolish, envious and short sighted people now inhabit too many seats at this airline. I am in the Four Seasons/mid levels/DB townhouse (pick one) because I am availing myself of the contractual terms that I signed up for. Something about "a standard of living commensurate with that which I would enjoy in my home country". A big reason I agreed to the CX contract that I signed. That being said, do you feel that CX is obligated to honour my contract? And if not, then why should they honour yours (as meager as it may be). The remaining ARAPA pilots are not the problem in this company. The problem is a provably incompetent management. The loss on fuel hedging the past several years would have alone provided funds to put every single pilot onto ARAPA. So no, I don't accept the premise you raise. I, and my other ARAPA colleagues are guilty of nothing more than working within the contract that we were offered by CX when we considered joining. Like all else in that contract, I expect it to be honoured if I fulfill my duties faithfully towards the company. So far, I have done so to the letter. For that reason I expect management to do the same towards me. That's how contracts work.